Thursday, September 18, 2008

And the new kitchen paint color is.....(drum roll please).....

YELLOW!! Yay, hubby! And it was completely his idea. I was going for blue but decided it reminded me too much of a baby's nursery. Since we aren't ready for that just yet, the yellow idea scored with me! And thanks to Marilyn Olson, we have a beautiful sunflower water-color painting that she graciously made and gave to us as a wedding gift! She is so very talented! I can't wait to see how it looks next to our yellow paint (no, it isn't street light yellow or anything. It's just perfect.) We almost have all of our new cabinets installed and we're getting our granite installed next week! Woo hoo! Things are really pumping along.

Now, if only Aaron would cave on letting me paint a contrast wall in the living room.....hmmmmm......i'll keep everyone posted on that small battle ;)

Watch for pictures soon!

2 comments:

..melissa.. said...

Sounds great! Marilyn is so talented so I bet the picture is gorgeous!

And you need an accent wall..I will fight with you on that one :) haha What color is the living room? I am excited to see pictures of this place! Sounds like it is coming together nicely! Bet you will be glad to not have dust all over, paint smells, boxes..you know ;)

Dacia Gordon said...

I'm waiting for pictures...

Love ya!
Mom