Monday, November 28, 2011

Longie Love!

Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE knit-wear?! I'm so blessed to have a sweet MIL who can literally knit with her eyes closed. I'm working on my own skills, too, but so far I haven't come up with anything blog worthy! I know I've referenced diaperswappers.com before, but I can't say enough just how much I love this web site. They have a great WAHM wears section (work at home mamas) and I came across another mama whose boys had outgrown these longie-alls. She shipped these all the way from Alaska for a steal of a deal. Aaron's mom has also hinted that I have another pair of knit/wool longies coming from Alaska for Casey around Christmas.

Speaking of Aaron's mom, she sent us a box of Christmas goodies for our first Christmas with Casey. We got an Advent calendar and she also sent this sweet tree hat that she made. I mean, seriously, how much cuter can it get?! It's even adorned with little bells at the top.


Our good friend Erica made this adorable stocking for Casey before he was even born. It's perfect! And I think Casey likes it. Santa's beard is made out of super soft, fluffy yarn and the little man loves to feel it. I hope he likes the santa man in real life because we're planning to take him to get pictures within the next few weeks. I can't wait!


It's so special to be entering this Christmas season and starting our own family traditions. My mind is flooded with memories of my own childhood. Casey is the light of our lives, but more than anything we want him to know the one who is the light of the world. We pray for God's grace as we parent him the best way we know how.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE seeing our little buddy all decked out for Christmas! That hat is the cutest!

So thankful that Casey will know Jesus - you and Aaron will light the way for him.

Hugs, Mom