Wednesday, May 18, 2011

37 Weeks!

Aaron with his fish - getting his "fix" before our baby boy makes his appearance!
Sam (Aaron's brother) and our buddy Stan



From what i've been reading, apparently 37 weeks is "technically" full-term. So can I say that we've arrived?! But I have a feeling this child is not coming out just yet. :) A few of my doctors have said he could come as late as June 11 because he measured slightly different on two early first trimester ultrasounds. Can they ever really know for sure?! I don't think so. I'm actually A-OK with it because i've already come this far....what's 3 more (or perhaps more!) weeks?? But I must say, this stage of the pregnancy is d-r-a-g-g-i-n g.....on......and......ON! There is nothing like the anticipation of seeing your first born's face - i'm convinced! What will he look like? Will he be even HALF as handome as Aaron?? Will he have dark hair? No hair? Curly hair? What will he weigh? What will it be like to touch his fingers and toes for the first time?? I could go on and on but I think you get the picture.

I'm feeling pretty good for the most part. The baby is quite crowded, so i've been feeling a lot of discomfort on my pressure points and it knocks the wind out of me! I talked to the doctor on the phone about this and he said they may want to check those pressure points (not sure what that means, but maybe i'll find out tomorrow at my check-up). He is still moving regularly, but very slowly. I'm curious how he's positioned - though I know he's head down - because I never feel his feet kicking. I'm wondering if his legs are stretched out sideways instead of up?! So many questions!

I've continued to have "bouts" of morning sickness....oy. But I guess you could say i'm used to it now! Sad, isn't it? I haven't had any further signs of labor other than the usual cramping i've had since 34 weeks and a lot of pressure "downstairs" but for those who have had babies, I haven't yet experienced the other tell-tale signs of labor being on the horizon. I had one HUGE contraction a few nights ago. I thought for a moment it might have been the real thing. It wrapped around my entire lower back and stomach and was down-right PAINFUL! But it lasted about 20-30 seconds, went away and never returned...hmmmm.

Our fun May visitors have come and gone now. Aaron's brother Sam was here for about a week and the guys got a lot of fishing time in! Then Aaron's mom came to see us and just left yesterday. We loved having them both here! So now you can imagine me sitting around wondering what the heck to do with these last few weeks! Not so fun! But on the bright side, my 27th Birthday is next week, so i'm hoping for a romantic night out on the town.

Baby boy Meredith will be here before we know it!

No comments: